MACHINE GUN OPERATOR'S COURSE
This course expands your operational capabilities and hones your manipulation skills with the U.S. Ordnance Crew Served Weapons, Medium Machine Guns, and Light Machine Guns.
- Crew Served Weapons: M2A2, M2HB, M48, and MK19 MOD3.
- Medium Machine Guns: M240/GPMG, M240C, and M240D.
- Light Machine Guns: M60E6, M60E4, M60E3, M60, and M60D Enhanced.
TOPICSInstructors cover the following in depth:
- Safe and proper machine gun handling during maintenance and operation
- Machine gun characteristics and general data; proper assembly and disassembly, cleaning, lubrication, function checks
- All variants of and modifications to the M60 and M240/GPMG Series Machine Guns
- The use and assembly of bipod, tripod and vehicular mounting systems, as available
- Fine-tuning; loading and unloading processes; identification, location and replacement procedures for worn or broken parts
- Emergency procedures for malfunctions and stoppages, including immediate and remedial actions
- Types of ammunition; optical and night vision equipment; various available accessories for the M60 Series Machine Guns
- How and when to properly replace the machine gun barrel; how to properly install the blank firing adapter
- How to conduct proper zeroing procedures for the machine gun; understanding the weapon's capabilities regarding trajectory and classifications of fire
- Handling the machine gun with extreme confidence; performing various live-fire drill techniques on hard targets while under stress
- Handling the machine gun as a single operator or as part of a crew-served weapons team
RANGE DRILLSDuring the course, you participate in range drills to reinforce classroom instruction. Instructors focus on field-expedient maintenance methods to assist you in the field and on the range. These intense drills teach you how to troubleshoot and fix a machine gun on the spot when necessary to keep it functioning.
- Proper loading and unloading procedures
- Zeroing procedures
- Malfunction drills
- Field-expedient maintenance
- Simulated night loads and weapon setup
- Performance under stress
RESERVATIONSContact U.S. Ordnance to sign up for the Machine Gun Operator's Course: