This course teaches operator's and armorer's how to properly care for and maintain U.S. Ordnance Crew Served Weapons, Medium Machine Guns, and Light Machine Guns.
- Crew Served Weapons: M2A2, M2HB, M48, and MK19 MOD3.
- Medium Machine Guns: M240/GPMG, M240C, and M240D.
- Light Machine Guns: M60E6, M60E4, M60E3, M60, and M60D Enhanced.
TOPICSInstructors cover the following in depth:
- Safe and proper weapons handling procedures
- General data and nomenclature for all M60 & M240 Series Machine Guns
- Variants and modifications to the M60 & M240/GPMG Series Machine Guns
- General and detailed disassembly of weapons and components
- Identification of mismatched parts and components
Instruction on armorer-level disassembly includes the:
- Feed tray cover
- Bolt to include extractor, ejector and stoning of surfaces
- Trigger group
- Gas system
- Barrel group disassemblies, including the carrying handle
- Receiver group, including the bipod, ammunition hanger, fore-grip and rear sight assembly
Instruction on weapons-related specifications and tolerances includes:
- Barrel erosion
- Firing pin protrusion
- Maintenance and inspection of all weapon components
- Identification and replacement of worn or broken parts
- Care, cleaning and lubrication
- Proper weapons assembly
- Performance of a proper function check
- Cycle of operation
- Malfunctions and troubleshooting, including immediate and remedial actions
RESERVATIONSContact U.S. Ordnance to sign up for the Armorer's Course: